Launch of national suicide bereavement report at online conference28/10/2020 // No Comments
Suicide Bereavement UK have announced that the national suicide bereavement survey report will be launched at their 2020 online event on 18th November. The event will highlight the experiences and perceived needs of over 7,000 people bereaved or affected by suicide (largest suicide bereavement survey internationally). It runs from 9 am to 1.30 pm on 18th November and the cost is £45 per person.
“Suicide Bereavement UK’s online conference will combine the Arts (i.e. poetry, artists) alongside science and lived experience to host an engaging (definitely not boring) online conference, that will present several ground breaking research projects in this field. Also, a Manchester based audio visual company that normally work at festivals (i.e. Glastonbury) are excited to work with us on this important event. We will bring together attendees from all over the world to explore and discuss best practice in this field. But more than that, we will inspire, challenge and motivate you.
18 speakers will also cover the following:
- Personal experiences of being bereaved by suicide
- Findings from the national suicide bereavement report
- The importance of signposting after a death by suicide
- The experiences of ambulance staff responding to suicide and bereaved families
- Emergency Service Postvention Response (ESPR) research, which has informed ESPR training (the first of its kind internationally)
- The importance of working with nightmares to help reduce suicide risk
- Who cares for the carer?
- Helping to reduce suicide in young people
- Suicide in universities: is data protection costing lives?”