SAIF was established in 1989 to support independent, mostly family owned funeral directors, concerned about the proliferation of larger conglomerates. We currently have around 1000 members across 1,865 sites, as well as an additional 100 Associate members who supply products or services to the funeral profession.
SAIF’s role for funeral directors:
- To promote best practice and protect the interests of our members and their local communities
- To represent the views of our members at a national and local level, including at all levels in government
- To provide training and education programmes to ensure members meet the highest of standards through the Independent Funeral Directors College.
- Find out about becoming a Funeral Director Member here.
SAIF’s role for funeral clients:
- Bereaved families can be assured of a compassionate, professional approach, underpinned by our industry leading Code of Practice.
- We have stringent conditions for membership, which includes demonstrating a sound trading history and suitable premises. Members are inspected against the Code of Practice every two years.
- SAIF Care bereavement support and a Consumer Protection Scheme
- Find a Funeral Director Member here.
SAIF’s role for suppliers to the funeral profession
- To provide opportunities for Associate Members to promote their products and services to our independent funeral director members. Learn about Associate Membership here.
- Find an Associate Member here.