SAIF sadly reports the deaths of members and key figures from within the funeral profession in 2023. We pass on our condolences to family and friends of those listed here.
- November 2023: It is with deep regret that we announce the passing of Mr Jonathon Bewley, owner of AJB Funerals in Corsham, Wiltshire. Mr Bewley was a long standing SAIF member.
- October 2023: It is with deep regret that we announce the passing of Peter Griffith, the proprietor of John W Griffith & Son, of Wallasey, near Liverpool. His funeral service will take place at St Nicholas’ Church, Wallasey, on Tuesday 31st October 2023 at 12:00 midday.
- Monday 9th October 2023: Mrs Sandy Gallagher died this morning peacefully in her sleep. Sandy was aged 76 years, much loved wife of Past President and Fellow, Pat Gallagher, and mother of the late Matthew Gallagher. We send our deepest condolences to Pat and his team at his funeral homes in Sussex. Sandy’s funeral service will be held at Holy Trinity Church, Cuckfield on Saturday 28th October at 11,30am, followed by a private cremation. At the family’s request, please wear bright colours with a touch of gold. To assist with arrangements, an indication of attendance would be appreciated; please call 01444 451166 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No flowers, donations in Sandy’s memory, may be made online via www.pandsgallagher.co.uk (click on Memory Giving) or by cheque payable to Finley’s Touch and sent c/o P & S Gallagher, Fraser House, 20 Sussex Road, Haywards Heath RH16 4EA. Tel: 01444 451166
- 12th September 2023: Peter Martin, previous owner of The Martins Funeral Directors in West Sussex. The funeral service will be held on Wednesday 4th October 2023 at 12 noon, at Crawley Baptist Church, Crabtree Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH11 7HJ. All family and friends are respectfully invited, however the cremation will be private for family only.
- 21st June: Andrew (Andy) Anderson, founder of Andrew Anderson and Sons, aged 88 years. The funeral service will be held on Wednesday 5th July, at 11am, in Callander Kirk, then Callander Cemetery. All family and friends are respectfully invited. Family flowers only please. Donations to CHAS and Stroke Association are welcomed. www.andrew-anderson.muchloved.com For those who are unable to attend the funeral, please use the link below to view the service –www.westreamitfunerals.co.uk/andersona
- 19th May: Geoffrey Grandfield died peacefully at home aged 90 years. Much respected retired Funeral Director and proprietor of Grandfield & Son near Bridgwater, Dorset. A dearly loved husband, Dad and Grandad.
- 17th May: Julie Lewarne of P.G. Oxley Ltd, Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex. Family and friends will be holding a Celebration Service at All Saints Parish Church, Walton-on-the-Naze on 13th June at 1.00 pm.
- 16th March: Kevin Sinclair of GT Embalming. The funeral is being held on the 15th April 2023 at 11.00 am at Worthing Crematorium.
- March 2023: Roger Bowers of W Bowers Funeral Directors, Hampsthwaite, North Yorkshire
- Monday 6th March 2023: Ken Fewster of CF Fewster & Son Ltd funeral directors in Patrington, Hull who passed on Monday 6th March 2023.
- Sunday 19th February 2023: John Gayton of WS Gayton & Sons in Barnstaple, Devon.
- Monday 20th February 2023: Alasdair Blair of TA Blair funeral directors in Campbeltown, Argyll and Bute.
- Thursday 12th January 2023 William (Bill) Edward Fry of Clarke and Strong.