Free information session for SAIF Members on 5th March12/02/2020 // No Comments
“Funeral experts by experience: what matters to them” with Dr Sarah Jones
SAIF is delighted that Dr Sarah Jones of member company Full Circle Funerals will present on the research findings she reported in collaboration with Dr Julie Rugg of the University of York’s Cemetery Research Group. The research explored in detail the funeral experience of 50 individuals who had arranged, attended and participated in funerals.
Sarah will describe the research and comment on the five main factors that people reported as being important to them:
– whether the person’s wishes were known;
– if the decision-making process for funeral arrangements was inclusive;
– whether the funeral director was sufficiently responsive;
– having the right level of contact with the body of the person who had died and;
– whether the funeral service met expectations.