Children’s Funeral Fund for England – update22/10/2021 // No Comments
The Government has updated the expenses claim form for the Children’s Funeral Fund for England with a new processing office address following a relocation of civil servants from Blackpool to Wales. The forms are to be used by funeral directors to recover costs incurred when arranging a child’s funeral in England and are applicable to stillbirths after 24 weeks of pregnancy and up to 18 years of age.
Claims can be made for the following:
• Up to £300 towards a coffin, shroud, casket or other covering
• Removal of implanted medical devices for a cremation
• Completion of necessary cremation certificates on behalf of the medical professional
• A container for storing ashes in a columbarium or similar (if the one returned to the bereaved family is unsuitable for this)
• Fees charged by a third-party grave digger (where these are not claimed by the burial or cremation authority)
The forms should be completed in block capitals and be sure to confirm that your business is in membership of SAIF in field 1.9.
The forms can be downloaded here and can be sent electronically to email@example.com along with copies of any relevant invoices or receipts. However, if sending by post, please note the new postal address is:
CFF, Sortation Ref 603, Phoenix House, Newport, NP10 8FZ