SAIF members reminded to report information to CMA05/10/2021 // No Comments
SAIF politely reminds members whose businesses operate five branches or more of the need to report funerals and revenue information to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).
This requirement applies from the first working day of October 2021 and is to cover the period between the date when the Order was made (16th June 2021) and 31st August 2021.
According to the Order, funeral business with five to nine branches should report:
- The total number of funerals it has arranged for Customers in the period commencing on the day on which this Order was made up to and including 31 August 2021; and
- The total revenue (excluding disbursements) gained from the provision of Funeral Director Services in the period commencing on the day on which this Order was made up to and including 31 August 2021.
A funeral business with 10 or more branches should supply the CMA with information in aggregated form and also in disaggregated form, showing the totals (excluding disbursements) from 16th June 2021 to 31st August 2021 for:
- CMA Attended Funerals;
- Any other Attended Funerals supplied by the Funeral Director;
- CMA Unattended Funerals; and
- Any other Unattended Funerals supplied by the Funeral Director
If your business operates more than five branches and is yet to provide the above information to the CMA, full details of what is required, along with a reporting template, can be found on pages 15-18 and 29 of the Order.