|National Executive||Chief Executive|
|National President||SAIF Scotland|
|SAIF Business Centre||Role of the Executive Committee|
National Executive 2021/22
- Chief Executive / Secretary – Terry Tennens
- National President – Mark Porteous
- 1st Vice President – Jo Parker
- 2nd Vice President – Mark Horton
- SAIF Scotland President – James Carcary
- Immediate Past National President – Jim Auld
- Treasurer- John Helps ACA
- SAIF Representative on SAIF Charter – David Garland-Thomas
- Paul Allcock
- Amanda Dalby
- Simon Helliar–Moore
- Ross Hickton
- Declan Maguire
- Sean Martin
- Gemma O’Driscoll
- Liam Roberts
- Paul Sillett
- Gary Staker
- SAIF Scotland Government Liaison – Joe Murren at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAIF Scotland Standards/ Quality issues – email@example.com
Role of the Executive Committee
SAIF’s Executive Committee’s role is to act as the governing institution of the association with members expected to:
- conduct his/her business interests in a manner which upholds the best standards of the society
- attend quarterly Executive Committee meetings
- attend SAIF’s National events, whenever possible
- attend their regional meeting as the Executive Committee’s representative of that region
- provide input, advice, experience and resources to assist the Chief Executive and SBC staff in their day to day operations
- act as co-ordinators in their own region especially if there is no other key person in the region
At each Annual General Meeting, there is usually an opportunity to join the committee, with varying numbers of places available. All SAIF members are contacted prior to the AGM about the opportunity to stand for one of the places.
National President 2020/22
Mark Porteous was welcomed as National President of SAIF on 15th March 2020 during our AGM Banquet Weekend in Glasgow.
Due to the pandemic situation limiting the usual activities carried out by the national president, Mark will be serving a term of two years.
Mark has chosen Winston’s Wish as his charity of the year. The organisation supports children and young people after the death of a parent or sibling.
The charity provides face to face support, freephone national helpline and online chat. Mark hopes that he can count on Members’ support of his charity during the year.
The Lake District Challenge
Mark will be leading a team of around 15 including his son Grant, Brian Hart, Bob Spittle (Bradnam Joinery), Ross Hickton, Gary Staker, Simon Rossiter, Brian Stock and Catherine Betley (Professional Help) on the 12th & 13th June at Lake Windermere for the Lake District Challenge. This is a jaunty little walk of either 25, 50 or 100K in up to 24 hours and the team are taking on a variety of all of these distances.
Th team aim to raise as much money as possible towards this wonderful and deserving charity and will be most grateful for any support and contribution. Please click here to support the team on the JustGiving website.
Terry Tennens joined SAIF as Chief Executive in 2016.
Whether it’s commenting on changes in legislation, consulting with other like-minded organisations or providing a comment for the media – Terry is committed to ensuring the views of independent funeral directors are heard throughout the UK.
SAIF Scotland represents the interests of our members north of the border – responding to changes in legislation and other issues that are specific to Scotland and the Scottish Government.
- Scottish President – James Carcary
- 1st Vice President – James Morris
- 2nd Vice President – Declan Maguire
- Immediate Past President – Paul Stevenson
- Scottish Treasurer & Membership – Declan Maguire
- Scottish Secretary – Gavin Henshelwood 0141 445 1124 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting dates: Please contact Gavin Henshelwood for more details of meetings or to register your places.
Changes to the profession specific to Scotland: The Scottish Government has passed new legislation updating procedures relating to burials and cremation. SAIF Scotland was involved in the consultation process and more details can be found on the Scottish Government website.
SAIF Business Centre
- Administration Manager – Claire Day
- Administrators: Angela Camp, Corinne Pengelly, Sam Reynolds, Maria Sherlock
- Telephone: 01279 726777 / 0345 2306777
- Email via the Contact Form