SAIF AGM Banquet Weekend 29th to 31st March 2019Event Date: 29th March 2019
Rooms have now sold out for Saturday 30th March.
Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes, Colchester Road, Tolleshunt Knight, Maldon CM9 8HX
Keynote speakers announced
SAIF is delighted to announce that Clarke Carlisle will be the main speaker on Friday 29th March as part of the AGM Weekend. Clarke was a professional footballer for 17 years, the last 13 of those whilst suffering with Complex Depressive Disorder. He will be outlining the many social and personal difficulties he encountered.
The combination of an undiagnosed illness and being emotionally illiterate, meant that he developed coping strategies that were totally destructive and compounded his depression. Clarke’s experiences led him to set up the Clarke Carlisle Foundation for Dual Diagnosis foundation in order to fund a purpose built Dual Diagnosis treatment facility.
Clarke will be presenting on the afternoon of Friday 29th March.
Angela Kidd of DWP Social Fund Policy Lead will also be presenting on Funeral Expenses Payments on the Friday afternoon.
For the 2019 Banquet weekend you will be required to book your accommodation directly with the hotel. Please ring 01621 862444 and quote DIR. Although a credit card will be taken as a guarantee, guests will pay on departure and can have free cancellation up to 48 hours before the event.
Thursday 28th March:
Double Occupancy Bed & Breakfast @ £99.00 per room
Single Occupancy Bed & Breakfast @ £89.00 per room
Friday 29th March:
Double Occupancy Bed & Breakfast @ £119.00 per room
Single Occupancy Bed & Breakfast @ £109.00 per room
Saturday 30th March
Double Occupancy Bed & Breakfast @ £149.00 per room
Single Occupancy Bed & Breakfast @ £139.00 per room
Suites @ £100.00 per room upgrade charge.
Agenda for the weekend
- Thursday 28th March 2019 – SAIF Open Golf Championship for the President’s Cup for ladies and gentlemen
- Friday 29th March 2019 –
- 12.30 Associates’ Lunch (Invitation)
- 15.00 – 16.00 Keynote address by Clarke Carlisle
- 16.45 – 17.15 Angela Kidd of DWP Social Fund Policy Lead presenting on Funeral Expenses Payments.
- Saturday 30th March 2019 – 9.30 am Annual General Meeting, buffet lunch, NextGen meeting & Banquet in the evening
- Sunday 31st March 2019 – Installation of Officers
THURSDAY GOLF –
- SAIF Open Golf Championship for the President’s Cup for ladies and gentleman
- £40 per person, book your places using the booking form above or via Eventbrite. Please email us with the names of players and their handicaps.
FRIDAY ASSOCIATES’ LUNCH
- 1 person per Associate company £0
- Extra delegate from Associate company £30
- Other attendees £30
- Friday afternoon: Keynote speaker £0
- At your own leisure
- Saturday AGM: On arrival tea, coffee & biscuits £0
- Buffet Lunch £25
- Saturday afternoon: SAIF Next Generation meeting £0
SATURDAY EVENING SAIF BANQUET £70
- Drinks reception on arrival
- 3 course meal followed by tea/coffee
- Bacon and Egg Rolls
- Installation of Officers
All prices are per person
SAIF has negotiated a 20% discount on spa treatments for guests. If you’d like to book one of the following slots, please contact Claire Day on 01279 726777 before 15th February 2019. Find treatment options and costs here: spa treatment pricelist 2018
Friday 29th of March, 50 minutes slots at:
Saturday 30th of March, 50 minutes slots at:
What to see and do in the Colchester area
- Mersea ‘island’: visit this beautiful peninsula with gorgeous walks and beaches; famous for its seafood and world renowned oysters.
- Colchester: including a castle, roman wall tours, famous zoo and shopping.
- Maldon: has lovely walks, tours on sailing barges and the Maldon promenade. Maldon is also famous for its world renown sea salt.
- Tiptree Jam: on the doorstep with a museum, vintage tea room and fabulous gift shop.
- Colchester Zoo
- Chelmsford racecourse: day and evening fixtures and hospitality packages available.
- Beth Chatto Gardens: stunning gardens with team room with garden centre shop.
- Historic Houses: (all under 30-60 minutes approximately)