South West Regional Meeting at Bridgwater on 21st May 2019Event Date: 21st May 2019
Musgrove Willows, Willow Fields, Lake Wall, Westonzoyland, Bridgwater TA7 0LP
7.00 pm Arrive at venue and tour of Musgrove Willows
7.45 pm Buffet meal
8.15 pm Meeting starts
9.45 – 10.00 pm Meeting ends
SAIF is delighted that Musgrove Willows will be hosting this meeting. Every aspect of willow coffin making takes place at the site. The willow has been grown and processed there since the 1920s. A team of highly skilled onsite craftsmen weave the willow into coffins of an exceptional quality.
The tour will give an introduction to willow weaving and a fascinating insight into how the willow is grown.
A light buffet will be served plus soft drinks and tea/coffee. There will be options for vegetarians. If you have any special dietary requirements, please email Angela as soon as possible. We thank our hosts for subsidising the buffet costs, meaning a £8 charge per person.
Overview: Make time to join a SAIF regional meeting
Do you spend a lot of time searching for the latest information on changes affecting your funeral company and the way you run your business? Come along to your local SAIF regional meeting for updates and answers to issues such as:
- What’s happening with the Competition & Markets Authority Report into the funeral profession? How is SAIF promoting the interests of the independents to government?
- Will there be new regulations I’ll need to follow?
- What new products and services can I offer my clients to increase their choices?
- How can I better support my clients who aren’t coping with their bereavement?
- How can I make my funeral business stand out from competitive companies?
- What can I provide to help my staff members suffering with stress?
- Where can I swap ideas with other funeral professionals?
- How will medical examiners affect me?
- What’s the latest news on funeral payment expenses?
Join SAIF Chief Executive Terry Tennens and National President Jim Auld on 21st May for a tour of Musgrove Willows, a round-up of all you need to know about your profession and a great opportunity to meet up with local funeral directors.
Feedback from SAIF regional meetings in 2018:
* 98% would recommend the meetings to other funeral professionals
* “I was made to feel most welcome, for which I’m very grateful.”
* “We would like to thank everyone for their time, advice and help.”