North East Regional Meeting at Durham on 10th April 2018Event Date: 10th April 2018
Ramside Hall Hotel, Durham, DH1 1TD
As a funeral director, your aim is to support your clients in their hour of need. SAIF’s goal is to support you in running your business as effectively as possible. We both want to ensure that the highest possible standards are upheld in the profession.
You’re facing new challenges such as councils and hospices providing their own funeral services. Professional and business legislation is constantly changing and regulation may become a real prospect.
At our regional meetings, you can obtain information and updates on:
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Funeral profession regulation changes
- Funeral Planning Authority
- Gaining a competitive edge by offering our best in class bereavement counselling service SAIF Care
- Business benefits through becoming dementia friendly
We’re delighted that Catherine Betley of Professional Help will be presenting on our best in class bereavement counselling service SAIF Care. Paid for by members as an optional extra to subscription fees, this bereavement counselling service provides a telephone helpline, email advice and up to six face to face sessions which you can offer to your clients.
Chris Parker F.SAIF, Dementia Friends Champion will also demonstrate how her funeral business has gained a competitive edge by becoming more dementia friendly. There are currently over 800,000 people in the UK living with dementia and this is set to increase to 1 million by 2021, so it makes business sense to be prepared by making small changes which can mean a lot to families living with this illness.
You’ll have a chance to question Catherine and Chris plus learn what’s new from SAIF Associate Members, including Golden Charter.
Format of the evening
Set in the beautiful venue of Ramside Hall Hotel, the meeting is an informal event, which will start with a delicious two course meal. This offers a chance to meet up with and swap ideas with funeral professionals in your area. SAIF Members, Associate Members and funeral directors looking to join SAIF are welcome to join the meeting.
Ask advice from our experts
For specific information and questions, the following contacts will be available on the evening:
- SAIF’s Chief Executive: Terry Tennens
- SAIF’s National President: Alun Tucker F.SAIF
- Catherine Betley of Professional Help
- Chris Parker F.SAIF, Dementia Friends Champion
- Golden Charter representatives
- SAIF Associate Member representatives
6.45 pm Meet in Fountain Room
7.00 pm Meal served
8.00 pm SAIF update
8.25 pm Golden Charter Update
8.45 pm Guest speaker presentations
Benefits / Opportunities
9.20 pm SAIF Associates
9.45— 10.00 pm Close
* Loin of pork with potatoes & seasonal vegetables
* Wild mushroom & asparagus open tart (V)
* White chocolate cheesecake with raspberry coulis
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise how many pork or vegetarian option meals you will need.
Places must be booked and paid for by 4th April. To book places, either:
- Book and pay online at EventBrite.
- Download this form: invitation durham webform
- Contact SAIF Business Centre on 0345 230 6777