IFD College: Health & Safety for Funeral Staff Course in Haywards Heath, West Sussex – 9th September 2021Event Date: 9th September 2021
The Foundation – Funeral Practitioner course is taking place on the same day from 13.30 – 16.30, so students may attend both courses in the same day.
Haywards Heath, West Sussex
09.30 – 13.00
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at all funeral staff, from new to experienced members.
The learner is assessed by verbal questioning, simple written assignments / workbooks and observations.
- Understand the legal requirements of Health and Safety Legislation
- Identify the basic principles of the COSHH and RIDDOR legislation in relation to their own place of work
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fire drill procedures in their own place of work
- Understand manual handling regulations
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe lifting and handling techniques
- Understand the aims and limitations of First Aid provision in the workplace
- Recognise the obligations for the reporting of accidents in the workplace
- List the key principles of correct handling of clinical waste
- Understand the rules for self hygiene
- Demonstrate knowledge about infection control
Find out more
The IFD College offers SAIF members 10% discount.