Review of death related booksApril 12, 2016 // No Comments
Dying Matters have published reviews of a selection of books looking at death related issues, including experiences of the last few months of a person’s life and books to help explain death to children. The books are:
- “I Just stepped Out” is a candid and compelling collection of original poems that publisher and poet Felix Dennis wrote in the last few months of his life.
- “The Gift of Alzheimer’s, Heart & Soul Journey” is a deeply moving account of a mother and daughter finding a new level of peace and understanding with each other the mother is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
- “Daddy, this is it. Being with My Dying Dad” is a moving account of the final months of the life of Canadian writer Julie Saeger Nierenberg’s father.
- “The Copper Tree” is a beautifully written and illustrated book which gently and sensitively guides young children through the subject of death.
- “Saying Goodbye to Hare” and “Remembering Hare” are two beautifully illustrated books to help children understand the concepts of death and dying, and to boost the confidence of adults in tackling such daunting subjects.
Read the full reviews on Dying Matters website.