Online help and support from HMRC for employersAugust 10, 2015 // No Comments
There is a wealth of information available from HMRC for employers on dealing with employment in several formats:
– Emails: you can sign up to receive emails from HMRC on how to become an employer. Follow this link to sign up.
– E-learning – this link takes you to an online course on becoming an employer.
– Webinars and videos – live webinars last for an hour. You can ask questions during the presentation and get answers from the HMRC host. Simply register and log in at least 5 minutes before the start time, for live webinars. There are the current themes and dates, although pre-recorded sessions may be viewed at any time. Click here to find out more and to register.
1. Getting started as an employer – this webinar includes Registering with HMRC, taking on your first employee, running payroll, paying HMRC and will be run on 20th August from midday to 1pm.
2. Using Basic PAYE Tools – this includes a demonstration of Basic PAYE Tools, HMRC’s free payroll software for businesses with fewer than 10 employees. The live webinar will run on 27th August from 2pm to 3pm.
3. How to avoid in year penalties – aimed at employers and includes information on why HMRC charge penalties, how to avoid in year penalties for late filing and how to avoid in year penalties for non filing. This session will run on 14th August from 9 am to 10 am.
4. National Minimum Wage – includes real-life scenarios to show how it’s calculated, what happens if you don’t pay it and how to get more help and support. This is pre-recorded only.
5. Statutory Sick Pay – covers what happens when an employee is off sick, deciding when to pay Statutory Sick Pay and how to work it out. The session will run no August 10th from 11 am to midday, recorded version available.
6. Statutory payments for births – for businesses with employees who’ve had or are having a baby. What payments you can make and how to work them out. Live webinar on 13th August from 10 am to 11 am.
7. Statutory Shared Parental Pay and Leave: covers Statutory Shared Parental Pay and Leave, introduced in April 2015 as part of the reform of pay and leave entitlements for employed parents. Live webinar on 14th August from 11 am to 12 pm.
8. Expenses and benefits – paying expenses to employees, providing benefits. Live webinar on 27th August from 10 am to 11 am.
9. Company directors: understanding your responsibilities – overview of your responsibilities to Companies House and HMRC. Live webinar on 28th August from 10 am to 11 am.