Funeral Directors raise over £530,000 for CLIC SargentAugust 7, 2015 // No Comments
Donations sent in memory of a loved one, supported by Funeral Directors, raised over £530,000 for CLIC Sargent.
CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families. They provide clinical, practical, financial and emotional support to help them cope with cancer and get the most out of life. Their service begins at the diagnosis stage and aims to help the whole family deal with the impact of cancer and its treatment, life after treatment and, in some cases, bereavement.
Thanks to donations via funeral directors, CLIC Sargent has been able to:
– Help more than 6,650 children and young people
– Keep 1,271 families close to their child during treatment at nine Homes from Home
– Give 5,047 grants to families, adding up to over £1 million, paying for things like travel to hospital apointments
– Give 340 families a break from the challenges of cancer at a holiday home
– Help 1,570 children be supported by nurses at home or in the community.
Find out more about CLIC Sargent’s work on their website.