Following on from the G8 Dementia Summit in London in December 2013, this event brings together a much larger number of countries from across the world to focus on dementia.
The aim of the conference is to place action on dementia higher on the national and global political agendas, and to highlight the potential benefits of co-ordinated global action.
The 2-day conference will cover a wide range of areas, including:
- highlighting evidence relating to the global burden and impact of dementia
- discussing the importance of measuring dementia care and monitoring progress
- stressing the importance of identifying cures or disease modifying drugs for dementia
- emphasising the need for increased investment in research
- reviewing what has happened already globally in the past few years
- discussing how to build on global co-operation and move from commitment to action
You will be able to watch the full event on a live video stream on 16 and 17 March. Find out more on the WHO website.