How to become a member
To join SAIF, a company must have a trading history and extensive experience or qualifications in the funeral service. Prospective members must also undertake a premises inspection and comply with our Code of Practice.
Our strict membership criteria and on-going quality monitoring ensure members adhere to the highest of standards.
Companies which fall below our standards may be disciplined according to our complaints procedure.
Membership falls into two categories: Full membership for funeral directors themselves and Associate membership for those that provide products and services to the funeral profession.
Current subscription rates can be found here.
The route to membership – Funeral Director
Enquiries are welcome from any independent funeral director who has been trading as, or employed as, a funeral director for at least 12 months before the date of application.
Simply follow these five steps:
- Download the SAIF-Membership-Application-Form november 2017and Declaration of Ownership – Full Member. Alternatively, contact SAIF Business Centre
- Return the form to SAIF along with the required documentation, enclosing a cheque of £125 made payable to SAIF to cover administration fees
- Details will be published on our website printed in our monthly magazine, SAIFInsight, as ‘membership pending’ – giving existing members the chance to raise any valid concerns
- The potential new member will then be contacted to arrange a convenient date and time for the required premises inspection
- If this is satisfactory the application will be presented to the SAIF Executive Committee for consideration and final approval
The route to membership – Associate Membership
- Download the Associate application form and Declaration of Ownership – Associate. Alternatively, contact SAIF Business Centre.
- Return the form to SAIF with the required documentation, enclosing a cheque of £125 made payable to SAIF to cover administration fees. A minimum of two customer testimonials will also be required
- SAIF will run a background check on the company with Companies House
- Details will be printed in our monthly magazine, SAIFInsight, as ‘membership pending’ – giving existing members the chance to raise any valid concerns
- If no concerns are raised the application will be presented to the SAIF Executive Committee for consideration and final approval
If you have any questions on the membership process, please contact SAIF Business Centre.