Bournemouth Regional Meeting on 17th October 2017Event Date: 17th October 2017
Village Hotel, Deansleigh Road, Bournemouth BH7 7DZ. Find directions here.
6.45 pm Meet in Vision 1 room
7.00 pm Meal served
8.00 pm SAIF update
8.30 pm Presentation: Chris Parker FSAIF: Dementia Awareness
9.00 pm SAIF Associate Members’ talk, including Golden Charter update
9.45 pm – 10 pm Meeting ends
Overview and theme:
With the funeral profession currently facing huge challenges, SAIF’s series of regional meetings brings support and guidance to our members and funeral businesses looking to join SAIF, providing:
- Information and advice about changes to the profession
- Guidance about protecting and developing your business
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) which could potentially be a requirement of all funeral professionals.
We’re delighted that Chris Parker FSAIF will be presenting at our Bournemouth meeting on:
Statistically one in three of us is likely to be affected by dementia, either because we or a family member develops it or we are closely associated with someone who is living with dementia. It is estimated that by 2020 a million people in the UK will be living with dementia. Ignorance is not bliss, and having an awareness of dementia may help you to obtain early medical support and provide care and support.
Chris is a Dementia Friends’ Champion trained by Alzheimer’s Society to deliver dementia awareness sessions, so come along and ask her any questions you have. Additionally, you’ll learn what’s new from SAIF Associate Members, including Golden Charter. There will also be a chance to catch up with other funeral professionals in your area over a delicious meal.
- Roast turkey breast with roast potatoes, sage stuffing, Lincolnshire sausage & smoked bacon OR Baked brie & roasted vegetable turnover, watercress & rocket salad & tomato & basil sauce (V)
- Crème caramel with whipped cream and strawberry
Places must be booked and paid for by 10th October. To book places, either:
- Book and pay online here. (Link takes you to EventBrite event booking website).
- Download this form and return it to SAIF Business Centre: Regional Meeting Invitation Bournemouth website form
- Contact SAIF Business Centre on 0345 230 6777