IFD College: Health & Safety Course at Sawbridgeworth – 20th October 2017Event Date: 20th October 2017
The Foundation Funeral Practitioner Course is running in the same location in the afternoon, so students may attend both courses in one day.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at all funeral staff, from new to experienced members.
The learner is assessed by verbal questioning, simple written assignments / workbooks and observations.
- Understand the legal requirements of Health and Safety Legislation
- Identify the basic principles of the COSHH and RIDDOR legislation in relation to their own place of work
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fire drill procedures in their own place of work
- Understand manual handling regulations
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe lifting and handling techniques
- Understand the aims and limitations of First Aid provision in the workplace
- Recognise the obligations for the reporting of accidents in the workplace
- List the key principles of correct handling of clinical waste
- Understand the rules for self hygiene
- Demonstrate knowledge about infection control
Find out more
The IFD College offers SAIF members 10% discount on the unit cost.
Additional courses can be arranged if sufficient students express an interest in a course in an area. Please contact the College Administrator on 01279 726777 or by email at Corinne@saif.org.uk’.