IFD College Health & Safety Course at Liverpool – 11th November 2017Event Date: 11th November 2017
The Foundation Funeral Practitioner Course is running in the same location in the afternoon, so students may attend both courses in one day.
9.30 – 12.30
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at all funeral staff, from new to experienced members.
The learner is assessed by verbal questioning, simple written assignments / workbooks and observations.
- Understand the legal requirements of Health and Safety Legislation
- Identify the basic principles of the COSHH and RIDDOR legislation in relation to their own place of work
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fire drill procedures in their own place of work
- Understand manual handling regulations
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe lifting and handling techniques
- Understand the aims and limitations of First Aid provision in the workplace
- Recognise the obligations for the reporting of accidents in the workplace
- List the key principles of correct handling of clinical waste
- Understand the rules for self hygiene
- Demonstrate knowledge about infection control
Find out more
The IFD College offers SAIF members 10% discount on the unit cost.
Additional courses can be arranged if sufficient students express an interest in a course in an area. Please contact the College Administrator on 01279 726777 or by email at Corinne@saif.org.uk’.